Physical Education Lesson Procedures
Please take note of the following expectations for PE lessons:
- All P.E. kit, including trainers must be labelled clearly.
- Children must be dressed in PE kit (having the school logo is optional). This includes:
- Plain t-shirt
- Black or navy shorts
- Trainers / plimsolls
- Football boots are optional but advised for activities from October onwards including hockey and tag rugby. Shin pads are also optional.
- For outdoor activities only, during colder weather, extra layers of PE clothing are advised. It is optional and may include:
- Plain navy or black tracksuit bottoms (may have a small logo)
- Plain sweatshirt jumper
- Hat, gloves (no scarves allowed)
- Children will need to dress themselves and learn how to tie their own shoelaces.
- We will have a small amount of spare PE kit for children to borrow if they forget their kit however this will be monitored.
- All jewellery must be removed, including earrings. If ears are still newly pierced, they must be covered with medical tape for each PE lesson.
- Hair must be tied if it is long enough to be tied up and/or a head band used to keep hair out of their face.
- If your child is asthmatic we strongly advise that he/she brings their inhaler with their name label on it to leave in the school office so that it can be collected whenever you child needs it.
- If you feel your child is unable to participate in a PE lesson due to a serious injury or ill-health please send a written note to school with your child explaining your reasons. They must give this to the PE teacher at the start of the PE lesson. This will be kept for our records. Children who are excused will still be involved in the lessons, for example being given roles such as buddy coaching their peers, scoring, officiating etc.